Tuesday, March 19, 2013

reflections



Situated on a quiet lake, hedged by rolling pasture land and woods, is where I like to call home. 


Since my family and I recently moved to this area, I  take keen interest in what is around me. I've noticed that the lake looks different every day. Some days it looks clear and other days dark and murky. I began to think about what makes it look different. It dawned on me that the lake was just a reflection of the sky.

When the sky is cloudy and dull, so is the lake.

 And when the sky is clear and sunny, then the lake is clear and beautiful.

 This reminds me of a Scripture that  talks about reflecting Christ's character. It says:
But we all...beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image ...
If by looking at Jesus, we are changed to reflect His image, then isn't it the same with anything else? If I am constantly looking at things of the world that show greed, selfishness, sexual inappropriateness, impatience and unkindness , I will be changed to act in these ways. But if I want to be a reflection of Christ than I must keep myself focused on Christ, who is pure, caring, patient, unselfish and loving. 






Photo Courtesy of Sarah A. 

No comments: