Sunday, April 13, 2014

Faith

You must be wondering, Joi, whatever happened to the rest of “God’s Love Shines” from last week? I know, I’m wondering the same thing myself. I’m sorry. Too caught up with other activities… again! Maybe I haven’t yet sufficiently learned that last lesson yet…
---

On the road once more.  That seems to be my life right now. My family and I often drive this route, ever since I was small. I see the same scenery I've always seen. The teeming highways of the same ever congested big city, the familiar golden arches of the same McDonald's where we stop for bathroom breaks, the quaint hamlets nestled on on the mountainside. Even the dips and curves on the roads are familiar to me. Above that, I've become accustomed to a rickety, old bridge that gives the appearance of collapsing -any moment now. (In my opinion, this bridge has not been fit for vehicles in the last 20+ years. But, what do I know about that kind of stuff, anyway?) I used to be pretty anxious to cross it, but now, even though it doesn't look like it’s getting any stronger, I’m fairly comfortable traveling it.

Faith.


Sometimes I wonder, why am I more willing to trust an old rusty bridge, built by who knows who, and not a God who I know loves me and cares for me. Have you ever considered that? How much easier we place  faith in man made things and the unknown people who made them. 

Really? How silly is that...

No comments: