Monday, April 7, 2014

God's Love Shines: Day 1

  God's Love shines: { This week's post agenda:  Capture moments of God's love shining on me}


The past few weeks = a whirlwind. In and out of town every weekend, studying for classes, music obligations to fulfill, birthdays among family, preparations for another move... Busy: an understatement.

Just too busy to stop, take time, and show a friend that I care. I don't get back with her for weeks. I've been ignoring her.

 Last night I make an effort show her that I'm still here and do care; I let her know that she's not been forgotten (though she'd never guess by my actions). Yet, she replies and says," I have not forgotten about you..."

 All the time I'd been too busy for her, caught up in the activities and hassles of my own life, she hadn't forgotten me.

Neither does Jesus.

First snapshot captured: Jesus never forgets.


"Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you... I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."
Jesus wants to talk to me, spend time with me, get to know me.  No matter how preoccupied I might be, He never, ever forgets me.

 But, will I forget Him?


*Isaiah 49:15,16

No comments: